Domestic abuse is defined as abuse at the hands of any member of your family, including your spouse, blood relatives or a significant other.

You can ask for an Order of Protection that includes your children.  An Order of Protection prevents the abuser from contacting you or other protected persons at home, work or school.  An Order of Protection is effective for one year beginning on the date the defendant is served.  You can also request Legal Decision Making and ask for an emergency hearing if you have a divorce, annulment or legal separation filed with the court.

Onisile Law Firm takes domestic abuse very seriously and will make your safety our first priority.  We will file the necessary paperwork and help put protections in place to keep you and your family safe.

If you believe you or your children are in harm, contact Child Protective Services at 1-888-SOS-CHILD and your local police department right away.

Contact Us
Disclaimer: Information obtained at this site does not, nor is it intended to constitute legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your matter. We invite you to contact us, and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. You understand contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until an attorney-client relationship has been established.